1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, New York 12208
Contact Person: Mark Wolfe - 518-437-3934
At the University at Albany, library resources and philanthropy have been linked since shortly after the founding of the State Normal School at Albany - the University's "ancestor" - in December 1844. Two months after the School opened, its first library opened in one room of a former train depot on State Street and the School received its first private donation, a bequest of $300 to purchase library books.