407 William Floyd Parkway
Shirley, New York 11967 Phone: 631-399-1511
Contact Person: Brad Shupe
The Community Library was established by the voters of the William Floyd School District in the summer of 1974. Our doors first opened to the public on June 14, 1975, located in two portable classrooms on the William Floyd School District property.
On June 1, 1977, the Library relocated to a storefront on William Floyd Parkway. On December 12, 1979, a bond issue was approved to build a permanent Library. That bond issue funded the current building, built on donated land and opened in March of 1982. In December of 1995, a 24,000 sq. ft. addition was dedicated, increasing the Community Library to 44,000 sq. ft. Approval for this expansion was given by the voters on October 19, 1992. Visit the Mastics–Moriches–Shirley Community Library website.