185 Court Street
Binghamton, New York 13901 Phone: 607-778-6400
The Broome County Public Library opened in October 1904. Originally called the Binghamton Public Library, it was created with a gift of
$75,000 from Andrew Carnegie. The building was designed to serve as both a public library and a community center. On the first floor was
a collection of 14,000 books and the second floor housed the library's auditorium, the Binghamton Museum of Fine Arts (now part of
Roberson Museum) and the Broome County Historical Society.